What is a Third-Party Event?
A third-party event is one that is organized by an individual, affiliated group or organization, for
the purpose of raising funds for — or on behalf of — a chosen charity with that charity’s approval.
At Seniors’ Community Services we benefit from third-party events for:
- Raising awareness.
- championing and advocating for seniors, and adults with physical disabilities to live well at home.
- Receiving financial support from events to support programs and services.
The following guidelines will help you with your efforts in being a Seniors’ Community Services champion.
How We Can Support Your Event?
- Offer you our online link on Canada Helps with a designated link to your event, or provide you guidance on e-transferring directly to SCS.
- Offer you advice and support on how to organize your event.
- Help you promote your event by posting on our social media platforms (Instagram and Facebook).
- Send a Seniors’ Community Services representative to attend your event, if available.
- Provide you with SCS marketing materials such as brochures and posters.
- Issue tax receipts, subject to Canada Revenue Guidelines.
- Authorize the use of our name and logo at your fundraising event for the Seniors’ Community Services
- Provide you with our mission statement, values and an overview of the impact of our programs and services in the community.
- Fund or reimburse any event expenses.
- Provide a donor or sponsor lists.
- Guarantee attendance of staff or volunteers at your event.
- Solicit individuals or companies to acquire donations or sponsorship for auctions or raffles. The event organizer is responsible for any canvassing.
- Apply for gaming licenses (e.g. bingos, raffles, liquor, insurance) for your event.
- Provide tax receipts for cash or in-kind goods that were not directly received by SCS
Promotion and Logo Usage:
Seniors’ Community Services can provide our logo in a .jpg or .eps format to the event organizer. Our logo and branding are of upmost importance to our visibility within the community and beyond, and we ask that our logo not be altered for your marketing purposes.
Ideas for great events!
- Bake sale
- Birthday, anniversary or other milestone moments
- Paint night
- Craft sale
- Golf, Tennis or Baseball
- Friendly family or business “we can raise more than you” competition.
Do you have any local examples of events supporting SCS?
We sure do! In 2021 Heritage Stables raised money at an in-house horse show that not only provided us with support directed to our Meals on Wheels service, but provided us an opportunity to introduce our work to many new folks. A Holiday Tourtière sale by a local chef has become a highly anticipated yearly event and a sell-out! A birthday fundraiser challenged friends and family to give, and we welcomed new donors to SCS. There is no limit to the creativity, and giving and ALL funds generated by third-party events go directly to programming and services.
If you would like more information please contact Jill Woodley