Seniors’ Community Services is supported by hundreds of volunteers who are the driving force behind our programs and services. They are the champions of the SCS mission, and advocate for the seniors in our community. Working along side the staff at SCS, volunteers are integral in supporting the day to day operations of the centre whether it be as a kind voice on the phone, the welcoming presence at the front desk, the chefs who plan and prepare meals, or the drivers delivering Meals on Wheels. There is an opportunity to suit anyone’s personality or lifestyle.
Diners’ Club A weekly lunch for clients to socialize and enjoy a hot meal
- Chefs, sous chefs, servers, and drivers
- Weekly social visits with clients in person, or on the telephone
Meals on Wheels
- Preparing meals for delivery
- Delivering meals to clients
- Providing medical drives and non-urgent drives for rural seniors
- Medial appointments, dialysis, grocery shopping, social events
- If you like connecting one on one and have an excellent driving record, contact us
- Front-line work assisting walk-ins and telephone support
- Data entry, filing
- Connecting with clients by telephone at specified times to ensure they are connected, healthy and safe
- Please note that TAP calls are not made on weekends or holidays.
- Fundraising and community events
Income Tax Preparation
- Supporting lower-income seniors in preparing income tax returns (March to April)
Board of Directors
- Supporting the governance of the organization with leadership and advocacy
Sign me up! How can I become a volunteer?
For more information on volunteering and joining our incredible team, please reach out!